Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

McDonald's employee jumps out window after officer becomes unconscious in drive-through


DORAL, Fla. - What was supposed to be a quick stop for breakfast Tuesday morning in the drive-through of a Doral McDonald's turned into a critical life-saving effort.
Pedro Viloria is used to working the drive-through window at the fast-food restaurant, but he's never jumped out of it until Tuesday morning.
Viloria said the customer, an off-duty Miami-Dade police officer, with her two children in the backseat, pulled up and paid without a problem. But he realized something was wrong once he returned to the window with their food."In that moment, I thought, I'd rather save that woman's life," he told Local 10 News.
"I see she's like inflating her neck, like trying to breathe, like 'ahh,' and basically I thought something was going wrong," he said.
The officer became unconscious and her foot slipped off the brake.
Surveillance video from the restaurant shows the SUV rolling forward and Viloria jumping out the window.
"(I thought,) 'Oh my God, this woman is unconscious. I've got to do something, because she's going to crash, maybe,'" he said.
Video shows the SUV narrowly missing another car before hitting a curb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment